Ved International Discussion Board

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood In, Blood Out - 1993

+4
siyaram01
ram111
Khowpa
riship
8 posters

Go down

Blood In, Blood Out - 1993 Empty Blood In, Blood Out - 1993

Post by riship Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:46 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Based on the true life experiences of poet Jimmy Santiago Baca, the film focuses on half-brothers Paco and Cruz, and their bi-racial cousin Miklo. It opens in 1972, as the three are members of an East L.A. gang known as the "Vatos Locos", and the story focuses on how a violent crime and the influence of narcotics alter their lives. Miklo is incarcerated and sent to San Quentin, where he makes a "home" for himself. Cruz becomes an exceptional artist, but a heroin addiction overcomes him with tragic results. Paco becomes a cop and an enemy to his "carnal", Miklo.

Director:
Taylor Hackford
Writers:
Ross Thomas (story), Jimmy Santiago Baca (screenplay)
Stars:
Damian Chapa, Jesse Borrego and Benjamin Bratt
riship
riship
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Blood In, Blood Out - 1993 Empty Re: Blood In, Blood Out - 1993

Post by Khowpa Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:09 pm

I've seen this movie a couple of times and its got its good points and its bad. It's an interesting story, though generally, it perpetuates the "East L.A. gang member" stereotype. I think that was the most compelling idea out of the movie because that sort of thing happens quite often.

Khowpa
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by ram111 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:08 pm

The meanings of home and family; hard but honest work versus a life of crime; the fickle consequences of youthful foolishness, striking down some while letting others pass; unfulfilled hopes, and other hopes fulfilled in unexpected ways; a family torn apart by tragedy with only time to heal the wound; the struggle to right one's ship; generational gaps bridged only by maturity that comes in the wake of mistakes;

ram111
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by siyaram01 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Very few movies have given light to the true reality that exists in our beautful culture, and Blood In Blood Out is at the top of that list. I am somebody who has a little of Paco, Cruz, and Miklo within me. I don't care who you are, after watching this movie, you will know that you have a little bit of all three of them in you too. This is a great movie whether you are Chicano/Latino, Anglo, Asian, African-American, or any other race. This belongs in all movie collections of any culturally-concious movie goer, in any format.
siyaram01
siyaram01
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Aveeyasha Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:45 pm

New movie for me. Never watched this movie before. But i guess it's a good and entertaining movie to watch after reading all these positive comments. Thank you for sharing this movie in this forum friend.

Aveeyasha
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by fishyfrens Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:10 am

i have watch this movie two or three times.the action was really amazing.thanks for sharing about this movies.i hope you guys have also seen this movie.
fishyfrens
fishyfrens
LEADER Of ALL
LEADER Of ALL

http://fishyfrens@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sujin007 Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Well I have heard of it so much but couldn't get a single chance to watch it. But it really sounds so cool. Well thank you so much for sharing that interesting thread with us in this forum.
sujin007
sujin007
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by HipHopper Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:18 pm

I enjoy "American Me" more as a movie depiction of prison gangs. But "Blood In Blood Out", is far superior in pure entertainment value, in my opinion. I have watched it (all 3 plus hours) many times and I have never gotten tired of it. It is the kind of movie that sucks you in and is hard to press STOP once it gets going.
HipHopper
HipHopper

http://khabarful.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down