Ved International Discussion Board

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the Latest Development?

3 posters

Go down

What's the Latest Development? Empty What's the Latest Development?

Post by HipHopper Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:18 pm

The concept of geoengineering -- defined as "the deliberate large-scale intervention in the Earth's climate system, in order to moderate global warming" or, less formally, "hacking the planet" -- is becoming more popular given current fears about climate change and its effects. A new study published in Environmental Research Letters examines, from a cost-benefit perspective, several different approaches to cool the planet, each of which come under the category of solar radiation management (SRM).More expensive and fanciful schemes involve using guns, rockets, and even airships. The oddest idea -- a 20-km pipe used to inject particles from the ground -- is also the one that came closest to taking place, until conflicts of interests surfaced that caused a demonstration experiment to be cancelled.
HipHopper
HipHopper

http://khabarful.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What's the Latest Development? Empty Re: What's the Latest Development?

Post by sujin007 Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Oh I didn't know about that. thats a completely new topic for me. Well thank you so much for sharing us that wonderful information in this forum.
sujin007
sujin007
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by ujwalbro72 Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:07 am

Well, this is something new to hear about.Hacking the planet seems and sounds awfully funny.But if it is for the welfare of our planet then I support it.

ujwalbro72
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum