Ved International Discussion Board

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American History X (1998)

5 posters

Go down

American History X (1998) Empty American History X (1998)

Post by HipHopper Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:54 am

Director: Tony Kaye
Writer: David McKenna

In American History X, Edward Norton delivers a riveting, screen-chomping performance as Derek Vinyard, a reformed neo-Nazi skinhead just out of jail who, with the help of high school principal Bob Sweeney (Avery Brooks), tries to prevent his younger brother Danny (Edward Furlong) from following in his footsteps. Derek's story, of how he joined the skinheads and eventually wound up in jail, is told with flashbacks.

Conceptual direction, writing, and directing are all superb, with effective and original use of black-and-white filming to rival that of Raging Bull. Cinematography was excellent, along with sound. Emotional build up ingeniously misdirected, to add for a real shocker.
HipHopper
HipHopper

http://khabarful.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

American History X (1998) Empty Re: American History X (1998)

Post by ram111 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:03 pm

The quite original directing from Tony Kaye gives the movie a nice visual style and certain atmosphere. The story itself isn't that complicated or extremely original on its own and perhaps at most points even predictable but the way the story is told is phenomenal.

ram111
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by Khowpa Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:14 pm

I have a friend who was a Nazi and a racist. But upon walking out of the theater after this movie he hung his head in shame. This is why the film industry began.

Khowpa
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by siyaram01 Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Yes my dear friend it was a very fantastic movie of that time. I have also seen this movie three time and every time I found this movie as a new. Thank you very much for sharing information of this movie among us.........
siyaram01
siyaram01
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by sujin007 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Well this is the first time that I'm hearing bout it.. It sounds good to me though I haven't heard this film neither i have watched it. . Its kind of a new film to me. Well thank you so much for sharing that thread with us in this forum.
sujin007
sujin007
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum