Ved International Discussion Board

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August. Eighth (2012)

4 posters

Go down

August. Eighth (2012)  Empty August. Eighth (2012)

Post by HipHopper Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Director + Writer: Dzhanik Fayziev

The movie is not about the message that is shouted in your face, but rather about how it makes you feel - at the right time, for the right reason, with the right character. I liked pretty much everything about this movie - the script, the dialogs, character development, action scenes.Despite the general concept of "shoot the blockbuster," I want to say thank-director Sarika, who was able to make a really patriotic Russian cinema canon. In the film, the characters are only a Russian - the heroine cuts for Lada, radios, even junk, but also, and even the bus on a mountain streamer good old Soviet, and pulls it in the cable is so old, but still our truck.
HipHopper
HipHopper

http://khabarful.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

August. Eighth (2012)  Empty Re: August. Eighth (2012)

Post by ram111 Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:17 pm

The plot tells a story of young Muscovite Ksenia who sends her son to Caucasus to be with his father, her Ossetian ex-husband. Suddenly the war breaks out in the region, and Ksenia has to fly down there to rescue her child.
Fayziev said that his heroine isn't suited for anything but mundane household dramas. Yet she has to go through the war experience and can't let herself get tired, refuse or complain, because she doesn't have a choice

ram111
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by Khowpa Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:49 am

I cannot even recall any recent movie where realism of the field battle was close enough to August 8th. "Battle Los Angeles" is probably being closest. Director is definitely big fan of hardware, almost 50 consecutive seconds of the movie we can see how a bus is being torn in pieces, including demonstration of all it's mechanical "intestines", really rare episode of this kind.

Khowpa
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by sujin007 Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:35 pm

It sounds good though I haven't heard this film neither i have watched it . . Its kind of a new film to me. Well thank you so much for sharing that thread with us in this forum.
sujin007
sujin007
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum