Ved International Discussion Board

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to shut down computer in specific time

3 posters

Go down

How to shut down computer in specific time Empty How to shut down computer in specific time

Post by bindaas7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Many people have to work in computer and as per their need they download their data like file, video, music etc and takes more time. If you need to download and have to somewhere , you can estimate the time for download and set the shut down process in your computer.
So, here is a trick to shutdown your computer at a specific time. You might be thinking what great about it, well you can shutdown your computer without the use of any software. Just shutdown your computer at specific time from RUN Command. For example if you wish to shutdown at 09:45 am. Type this in

Start=>Run

Type Code: at 11:35 shutdown -s

To cancel or Abort the shutdown:

Type Code: shutdown -a

Type Code: “shutdown –s –m\\computer-name –t60”. This command will shutdown the computer on network if you have administrative access. Here computer-name needs to be replaced by the exact computer name of the computer on the network to work.

Auto shutdown computer using run command

Alternative method to create a shutdown timer or simply computer shutdown shortcut

Step 1: Right click on your desktop and choose “New=>shortcuts”.
Step 2: In the box that says “Type the location of the shortcut”,
type in “shutdown -s -t 3600” without the quotation marks and click next.

Note: 3600 are the amount of seconds before your computer shuts down. So , this means 3600 seconds = 60 mints (1 hour). You can change the value in the above code. You can even create multiple shutdown shortcuts. For example a computer shutdown shortcut for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 5 hours etc.,

Step 3: Make up a name for the shortcut and you’re done.

Optional Step 4 : You can change the icon by right clicking=>properties=>change icon=>browse

To abort or cancel the shutdown:
To make an abort key to stop the shutdown timer just create another shortcut and make
the “location of the shortcut” to ” shutdown -a” without the quotes

Hope this will help you out.

bindaas7
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

How to shut down computer in specific time Empty Re: How to shut down computer in specific time

Post by swikritipradhan Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh thank you really friend for the above information and i like the view really very much. I have applied this really and i like the process

swikritipradhan
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

How to shut down computer in specific time Empty Re: How to shut down computer in specific time

Post by sujin007 Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:01 am

I think that will be a really helpful. I must give it a try. Well thank you so much for sharing that thread with us in this forum.
sujin007
sujin007
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down