Ved International Discussion Board

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Years of Our Lives

3 posters

Go down

The Best Years of Our Lives Empty The Best Years of Our Lives

Post by R!ck Ro$$ Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:59 pm

The Best Years of Our Lives is a 1946 American drama film directed by William Wyler and starring Fredric March, Myrna Loy, Dana Andrews, Teresa Wright, Virginia Mayo, and Harold Russell. The film is about three United States servicemen trying to piece their lives back together after coming home from World War II.
The Best Years of Our Lives won seven Academy Awards in 1946, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor (Fredric March), Best Supporting Actor (Harold Russell), Best Film Editing (Daniel Mandell), Best Adapted Screenplay (Robert Sherwood), and Best Original Score (Hugo Friedhofer).
R!ck Ro$$
R!ck Ro$$
Achiever
Achiever

Back to top Go down

The Best Years of Our Lives Empty Re: The Best Years of Our Lives

Post by HipHopper Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:26 am

For me the defining moments are the scenes where Fred Derry's father reads out the citations that his son has received for the medals won in air operations over Germany,a great honour but useless in peacetime, and where Fred himself is sitting in the nose of the derelict B-17 quite literally at the crossroads in his life, knowing that he cannot return to the glory days and the future appears to hold nothing for him.
HipHopper
HipHopper

http://khabarful.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sujin007 Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Well its again a kind of a new movie to me but sounds really like a good one though I haven't heard this film neither i have watched it yet . . . Still thank you so much for sharing that thread with us in this forum.
sujin007
sujin007
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum