Ved International Discussion Board

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Epilepsy

3 posters

Go down

About Epilepsy Empty About Epilepsy

Post by maskey Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Epilepsy is a medical condition that produces seizures affecting a variety of mental and physical functions. It is also called a seizure disorder. When a person has two or more unprovoked seizures, they are considered to have epilepsy. Seizures happen when clusters of nerve cells in the brain signal abnormally, which may briefly alter a person's consciousness, movements or actions.Epilepsy is the fourth most common neurological disorder in the U.S. after migraine, stroke, and Alzheimer's disease. Its prevalence is greater than autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease combined. Despite how common it is and major advances in diagnosis and treatment, epilepsy is among the least understood of major chronic medical conditions, even though one in three adults knows someone with the disorder.The number of epilepsy cases in the elderly is climbing as the baby boom generation reaches retirement age. More than 570,000 adults age 65 and above have the condition. Our returning veterans are also affected as studies show an increased risk of developing epilepsy following traumatic brain injury.Epilepsy affects 65 million people worldwide.Some definitions of epilepsy require that seizures be recurrent and unprovoked,but others require only a single seizure combined with brain alterations which increase the chance of future seizures.Epilepsy is usually controlled, but not cured, with medication.Not all epilepsy syndromes are lifelong – some forms are confined to particular stages of childhood. Epilepsy should not be understood as a single disorder, but rather as syndromic with vastly divergent symptoms, all involving episodic abnormal electrical activity in the brain and numerous seizures.

maskey
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

About Epilepsy Empty Re: About Epilepsy

Post by fishyfrens Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:22 pm

i head about this disease but not the all the detail which you have share with us.i hope you will give continuity on posting on this forum.thanks for sharing the information about Epilepsy.
fishyfrens
fishyfrens
LEADER Of ALL
LEADER Of ALL

http://fishyfrens@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by richmeud99 Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Of course i have listened about Epilepsy physically while i was working in the field world in some areas. I like your thread. Sure it hampers mentally and physically but it can be good after medication for long time. Thank you for sharing and keep it continue.

richmeud99
Eligible
Eligible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum